Blogging is my virtual release of thoughts, fears, anger, joy and life stuff. You know, that deep stuff that everybody keeps trying to understand or ignore and run away from. I guess bloggers just aren't afraid to share or have a serious ego complex. I blog, you decide.

Thursday, March 09, 2006

Y'all Got to Read this...

I stumbled across this article the other day. It's a really good read on self-esteem and how focusing on it really doesn't matter and could, in fact, be damaging. So, I guess that was a waste of the last 30 years of pop psychology.


Forget about Self-Esteem By John Fischer

3 Comments:

Anonymous Anonymous said...

Well, that makes sense. Our esteem is not based on self (self is not that great) but rather on the identity we hold as beloved children of the Most High God! We are fearfully and wonderfully made! We are created in the image of God! We are the temple of the Holy Spirit! We are in Christ and He is in us! We are redeemed and made righteous in the sight of God through the work of Christ on the cross! We are deeply loved to the point of death by the one perfect man who walked this earth! None of this is because of us, but it is a gift to us... it was done for us, and it is our identity. Not an identity meant to be artificially inflated by our own grandiose ideas of what we can do (which is nothing apart from the grace of God) but rather a realistic and positive image based on the Love that is imparted to us through the trinity.

Self-esteem is a waste of time.
Self-image can be a beneficial thing to learn about as we grow in our knowledge of God and his plan for our life.
Knowing the giver of all good gifts is the best investment out there.

3/10/2006 8:57 PM

 
Blogger - Justin said...

Nice comment Grace. Why don't you just log in instead of post these anonymous comments?

3/11/2006 9:56 AM

 
Anonymous Anonymous said...

Duh! I can't do that! If I used my blogger identity you and everyone else would find my top secret anonymous blog and then it wouldn't be top secret anymore!

Guess you didn't really have to go out on a limb to call me on that one, did you? My feelings about self-esteem are all over my blog.

How about this instead?

3/11/2006 10:59 AM

 

Post a Comment

<< Home