Blogging is my virtual release of thoughts, fears, anger, joy and life stuff. You know, that deep stuff that everybody keeps trying to understand or ignore and run away from. I guess bloggers just aren't afraid to share or have a serious ego complex. I blog, you decide.

Thursday, March 09, 2006

Goings On

So, a couple nights ago I was giving Cam a bath and the water ran out. Yep, nothing was coming out of any faucet that I had in my house. I checked my water pressure tank and it was at zero. So at first I thought it was the pressure tank. The next day I dropped Cam off at daycare and went home to try and take a look at the problem. However, I have hardly a clue about well systems. Give me a computer and I can totally fix it right up, but when it comes to house repairs I feel totally stupid.
That's where professionals come in. I called A&C Snelten (used the phone book) and they got out to my house within a few hours. They checked some stuff and found that I had power going to my water pressure tank, but I did not have any power coming back in from the well. So, they went out to check the water pump. The guy told me that sometimes if the well goes on and off really quick it will eventually stop and need to be reset, and that's what he tried to do. After that didn't work he explained that it was my water well pump that went belly up. They spent the next hour replacing the pump. It turned out to be slightly above $1,400 to fix the whole thing. Yeah that sucked. The pump was $1,020 and the rest was labor + misc. materials.

So they got the water running again and I was back in business. I've never been so thankful to be able to flush a toilet or wash dishes. The money I had to spend sucked, but what was I going to do. The last pump I had was installed in 1987 so it lasted 19 years. That's a pretty good amount of time and if I ever move into another house that has a well I'll be sure to check when that pump was installed. Cory, who puts the C in A&C Snelten, told me that a pump should last anywhere between 15 and 20 years. Well, there I go...

2 Comments:

Anonymous Anonymous said...

Ew, so what did you do between the time the pump stopped and the time you got the new one installed? Hold it? Run to McDonalds? Go outside? Use an empty bottle or jar of some sort?

3/10/2006 5:30 AM

 
Blogger - Justin said...

I used one toilet and a can of Glade and made sure the doors to the bathroom were closed.

3/10/2006 8:39 AM

 

Post a Comment

<< Home