Blogging is my virtual release of thoughts, fears, anger, joy and life stuff. You know, that deep stuff that everybody keeps trying to understand or ignore and run away from. I guess bloggers just aren't afraid to share or have a serious ego complex. I blog, you decide.

Wednesday, September 28, 2005

In The Flow...

So I got some advice to just write and flow and all that. I guess that's what I'll do since I don't have too much to say today. Or at least nothing with a direct point or meaning. I haven't kept up with this blog daily (as I said in my first post!), but maybe I will. I don't know though.
Issues affecting me lately:

1) The former wife:
How bout everybody vote. The former moved out of the house on 7/21/05. She didn't have to, but she did because she was uncomfortable. She now thinks that it's my fault for her not seeing our son. She's seen him about 3 times in the last couple of months. She says that it's my responsibility to bring our son to her apartment. I disagree with him going there because (a) I've never seen the place and it's a one bedroom apartment (she's not on the lease) and (b) I hear that it's bad for kids to see their parents with a significant other "too soon" after a divorce. One book I read said that whatever you do do it slowly and let the kids get acclimated slowly. So, my thinking is that I would like to prevent Cam from being over there, because the former is living with another male and I would like to err on the side of caution. Once he's scarred, if it happens, he's scarred and there's nothing either of us can do about it. Her reasoning is that she doesn't think it will happen. She won't admit there's a chance - at least it won't come out of her mouth. So, I try to get her over to the house to see Cam. Also, I've offered to make her dad's place as a meeting area. She says that I'm keeping him from her and not giving any options. What does everybody think? Am I doing the good thing or wrong thing?

2) The current job:
Ugh. I have manager trouble. This is the first time in a while where I've been micro-managed to the point of annoyance. I don't get it. Plus, my manager just doesn't get it. He doesn't have any good ideas on how to improve things and just likes to keep it status quo. I get annoyed with status quo, because things can always improve and we should always be evaluating ourselves and processes that we do for something better and more efficient.

3) The added stuff I have to do:
Lately I'm just frustrated with monotony. I know God finds joy in monotony and that's what I need to do, but lately I admit it's been difficult. I have dishes in the sink from Sunday still that I need to clean. I probably will tonight. I think I may be bummed, because after I put Cam to bed then work on chores the clock is already @ 9pm and I only have about an hour or so before I need to get to bed. I need to adopt a system. I will set a goal. Okay lets see it's 9/28/2005 and by 10/28/2005 I will have a system in place for my stuff. Notably I will:
1) Organize my pantry with the www.livingcookbook.com software (it's great)
2) Manage the chores to do with this chore software I've found (forgot the title, but if your interested I'll update this later with it)
3) Get the Bills in order using MS Money 2006

It will be nice when winter comes, because I won't have the stress of mowing the lawn... Not that it's been done in a few weeks. I just won't have the stress ;-)

Ok I think that's a good post for now. My thoughts and feelings are out... At least the ones I want to be out are out.

3 Comments:

Anonymous Anonymous said...

she needs her head checked...

9/29/2005 3:59 AM

 
Blogger Kristenanne said...

update please

10/07/2005 5:03 PM

 
Anonymous Anonymous said...

Hey, so I am posting a comment b/c I am validating your online existence and b/c you should not be ashamed to tell people about your blog. What I've read is really amazing. Here is some advice that was given to me about being a single parent (and also a nursing student, which I know you aren't but nonetheless, you understand the stress...) Pick three things. Pick three things that are the most important three things in your life. Do them, and do them well. You have to let the rest go. Right now I think you are trying to be this really GREAT DAD, which I'm guessing you are, but sometimes we can't always be a GREAT PARENT. Sometimes we just have to be a good-enough parents. Good enough to get us through the tough times; good enough until we've healed and become healthier. For instance, my three things are Abigail, God, and Nursing school. And other than that, I don't do very much. I mean, sometimes we eat McDonalds salads 3 nights in row, sometimes I will go for weeks without talking to my best friends, and sometimes I re-wear clothes several times before I actually do laundry (invest in some Febreeze, a little bit goes a long way.) I do my three things well, and the rest gets done when I can. That is the best I can do right now, you know? (Also, I've often thought that the best way to manage single parenthood is thru a time-share approach... just a thought:) So, that is just my thought, and that is what works for me.
Justin, I have so much respect for you. Your love for your child is evident in everything you do, and that is a beautiful and wonderful thing. I haven't known you that long, and I don't know you that well, but you never cease to make me think, and that is rare in my life. I wish I could do more to help and encourage you because you are so deserving.

10/14/2005 11:09 PM

 

Post a Comment

<< Home